Conveyancing, Real Estate and Property Law
A significant focus of Arnotts Lawyers is devoted to the management of commercial leases, retail leases, conveyancing and other property-related transactions. We regularly provide legal services to clients involved in the purchase and sale or real estate, the leasing of commercial property, and other property transactions. Peter Arnott, the principal of Arnotts Lawyers, has over 35 years experience in advising clients on conveyancing and property transactions.
Our conveyancing solicitors can assist clients who wish to buy, sell or lease or otherwise deal with residential or commercial property. Property transactions can be fraught with risk and by utilising the services of a conveyancing solicitor it is possible to minimise that risk. There is a substantial amount of legal work involved that our conveyancing solicitor scan carry out on our clients’ behalf - from preparation of leases, to contracts for sale of land, mortgages, caveats and other related property transactions. Our conveyancing solicitors can provide you with the conveyancing services that are required to negotiate your property transaction effectively.
Conveyancing is not limited to transferring legal title in a property from one party to another. Our conveyancing solicitors assist with the preparation of leases, and in relation to disputes and other property matters.
The conveyancing process can involve some or all of the following steps:
- arranging, advising and assisting with building and pest inspections
- arranging, advising and assisting with a strata inspection report if the property is part of a strata scheme
- assistance with the arranging of finance if necessary
- examining and exchanging the contract of sale
- advice regarding the payment of the deposit
- arranging payment of stamp duties
- preparing and examining the mortgage agreement
- checking if there are outstanding arrears or land tax obligations
- finding out if any government authority has a vested interest in the land or if any planned development could effect the property (e.g. local council, Sydney Water, Roads and Traffic Authority)
- finding out any information that may not have been previously disclosed such as a fence dispute or illegal building work
- calculating adjustments for council and water rates for the property settlement
- overseeing the change of title with the Land and Property Information NSW
- completing any final checks prior to settlement
- attending settlement.
Conveyancing has become a part of daily life in New South Wales due to the sheer growth in our property market. Thousands of property transactions occur in Sydney each day. Our conveyancing solicitors can assist with a range of conveyancing services throughout Sydney and New South Wales and beyond. Our conveyancing lawyers can provide fixed fee and variable conveyancing fees and can also explain the conveyancing costs that are likely to apply to your transaction. These disbursements can include property reports and other conveyancing charges that clients need to budget for.
Please contact Peter Arnott for all of your conveyancing and property law requirements.
Contact Peter J. Arnott
T | +61(0)2 94196355
F | +61(0)2 94198795
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
“We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the professional, courteous and timely execution of the sale and purchase of the Rozelle and Drummoyne properties…”