Civil litigation refers to the prosecuting and defending of court claims relating to matters classified as civil (i.e. non-criminal). We have experience in acting for plaintiffs, defendants, cross-claimants, cross-defendants and other parties involved in litigating commercial disputes. Our lawyers are experienced in providing representation and advice in relation to Local Court, District Court, Supreme Court, and Court of Appeal litigation. Some of our recent experience in civil litigation involves:
- acting for clients involved in contractual disputes relating to the licensing of intellectual property;
- providing advice and representation to a client involved in a dispute relating to a dispute over the interpretation of a commercial agreement;
- prosecuting and defending debt recovery proceedings in the Local Court of New South Wales;
- acting for a client against an insurance company in the District Court of New South Wales;
- successfully defending and settling litigation commenced by a Shopping Centre against a retailer in the Supreme Court of New South Wales;
- commencing proceedings in the Supreme Court of New South Wales following a significant partnership dispute;
- successfully obtaining orders from the Supreme Court of New South Wales freezing the Australian bank account of an overseas debtor;
- acting in intellectual property disputes in the Federal Magistrates Court of Australia.
Please contact us if you require assistance with your litigation requirements.
Contact Peter J. Arnott
T | +61(0)2 94196355
F | +61(0)2 94198795
E | firstname.lastname@example.org